Graduation Hair- styling mini braids

Hey y'all,

Hope you're well and counting down to spring (if you're in the southern hemisphere).

Tomorrow is the first day of spring! (though the winter might try to still hang around here in Melbourne unfortunately lol).

And spring means its GRADUATION SEASON AGAIN!
So I have my own graduation coming in about a week's time. I bought my dress today and I'm super excited :-D... but the hairstyle is always a dilemma.

As you probably know from my instagram post, I installed some mini braids with just my hair and I was (still am) planning to keep them for another 6 weeks since I have serious hands-in-hair syndrome (wish me luck there!). So I'm trying to find a way to style my mini braids in a way that they still would fit in the cap while maintaining their awesomeness. Graduation doesn't always mean you gotta have loose hair, I mean, people with locs still style them and stay awesome, so why can't I do that with my mini braids?



So last night, I spritzed my hair with my DIY spray then applied the Eden Bodyworks coconut shea curl defining creme (that stuff smells amazing!!). I then did two braids going to the back, tied my silk scarf and had a great night's sleep. In the morning, I took down the braids and my hair was all nicely curled..and it fit in my graduation cap!! :-D I love how it turned out and will be rocking that style.











However, considering my braid are already 2 weeks old and will be almost 4 weeks when graduation arrives, I'm not sure how they will be holding up. So, I'm thinking of wrapping with yarn to make yarn locs (while keeping the hair braided underneath the yarn). i will still braid the yarn locs to give them a curl to them (hopefully they won't be too bulky to fit underneath the cap.

I'll definitely give an update of how I go styling my hair for the day. There will also be a blog up soon on my experience with mini braids since its my first time to install them.

Please comment or ask any questions you may have. Tips are also welcome :)

Peace out!

Jo xx

PS: I am going to have a photoshoot weeks after graduation and I will have my hair out then, so that's another style (and blog to look out for). This is only because my brother (who is my photographer, bless him) won't be able to attend the formal ceremony.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini braids: Installation and maintenance

Results:-.6 Months Protective Style Challenge