Mini Braids take-down process


Hey lovelies!

I hope this blog finds you well.

As my previous post promised, I'm going to document the take-down process of the mini braids I had. I kept them in for 6 weeks (slowly claps for myself) which is amazing coz I rarely keep in styles for that long. I was putting off the take-down process that I even started doing yarn wraps on the individual braids so I could keep the style for another month (genius, I know). However, this process in itself was taking forever and I was halfway through my head when I was called for a job interview in the city.(on a Wednesday). I did go with the yarn braids tied into a low bun and you wouldn't even know that my hair was half done. With confidence that I was definitely getting the job, I decided to undo my hair that night, wash it and do a different protective style over the weekend. This is why I took them down before the 2 months was up, as I had stated.
My yarn wraps done over mini braids (coz I was too lazy..and also would allow me to keep the style for another month). I used 100% acrylic yarn.

I have read other blogs on how to remove mini braids. One particular youtuber, (Naturally Marked) who is my inspiration for the mini braids journey, applied conditioner to her hair 2 days before she took down the braids. However, as my decision was kinda impromptu, I couldn't wait 2 more days with the braids in my hair. So I applied a leave-in conditioner (see below) liberally and unravelled the braids carefully. Thanks to dearest mummy who helped me finish off, making the process about 6hours in total.


It was soooo good to have my hair free again! I washed my hair and stretched it using the african threading method till I styled it on Sunday. Now, would I ever do mini braids again? Hmm, maybe.. but not anytime soon. I probably will do it when my hair is a bit longer than now (and possibly bribe my sister or mother to help me with the take-down). I did notice growth, though I didn't measure it as I'm planning to do a length check at the end of the year. It is a style worth doing as it definitely helped me keep my hands out of my hair, limited my styling options and let me moisturise the hair frequently.
Freedom! I missed my afro!!


Sunday's style :)



Have you ever done mini braids or will you attempt them? Let me know in the comments on the blog or on instagram.

Peace out xxx


PS- for those who are curious, I wasn't successful in the interview as I didn't hear a call back from them. However, that following Monday I started a part time job and I'm loving it!!I think it suits me better than the city job.






Comments

  1. Love your blog! Keep on the good work! God bless you

    www.purecannelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dove Premice 😊God bless you too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mini braids: Installation and maintenance

Results:-.6 Months Protective Style Challenge

Graduation Hair- styling mini braids