Product review: AfroShe® hair products

Hair-lo lovelies!

It's 4 weeks until Christmas!! Seems like it has come early for my hair as I got to know of another Australian-based hair product line!

AfroShe® is an all natural, handmade, chemical-free hair and skin care line that is based in Melbourne (Australia). The product line is suitable for babies to adults and all hair types including Afro and Caucasian hair. Since I am more interested in hair care than skin care, I sampled a combo of their hair product line in a typical wash day and styling and these are my results.


AfroShe® Detangler Cleanser Conditioner- with coconut and avocado oil.
This product was great in making my hair soft and easy to detangle. I loved how it had avocado oil and vitamin E oil (among other ingredients) as these are staples in the products that I already use. I sectioned my hair and applied the conditioner before finger detangling. I followed through with a wide-toothed comb and then twisted the section before working on the next. I rinsed it out and proceeded to style my hair.

Styling
For my leave-in, I used the AfroShe® Hair Spritz with the sweet orange oil scent. Jojoba oil and aloe vera are amongst the great ingredients in this product. The spray bottle makes it easy to apply and this is a plus if your hair is braided. I sealed in the moisture with the AfroShe® Hair Butter with the sweet orange oil scent. Organic coconut butter, shea butter, and castor oil are some of the ingredients in this butter. This butter literally melted in my hands when I rubbed it against my palms.  My hair felt so soft after application. I did work in the product a bit by smoothing my hands along the strands as I identify with low porosity. By doing this, my body heat helped the product to be absorbed into my hair strands.


Look at that shine!! Results from
the flexi rod set.
I stretched my hair using flexi rods and let it dry overnight. (That is a blog for another time). When I took down the flexi rods, my hair was soft and shiny. My hair loves shea butter so it definitely loved the texture of the hair butter. The scent of both the spritz and the butter was amazing and it wasn't overpowering but just enough to leave your hair smelling great.

I also used the spritz and the butter on my friend's hair which hadn't been detangled. I sprayed the spritz first then sealed with the butter before detangling it and doing flat twists. 3 days later she had a bomb twist out.

Twist out on my friend (right) after using the spritz and hair butter
Now, I usually make my own DIY leave-in spritz and shea butter mix but these products definitely sold it for me. For a full description of the product line, please visit www.afroshe.com or visit her page @afroshe1 on Instagram. You can also visit her youtube channel, AfroShe, to see the results of how she uses the products on different hair types. The products also come in different sizes so you could get a sample size to try out the products for yourself.

Any comments and questions are welcome.

Take care!

Jo xoxo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mini braids: Installation and maintenance

Results:-.6 Months Protective Style Challenge

Graduation Hair- styling mini braids