6 Month Protective Style Challenge

 Hey lovelies,

Yes, you read that right! I'm starting a 6month protective style challenge. Oooo it's gonna be a loooong six months for me. The thing is, I love styling my hair and I easily get bored with a style, so this is definitely going to be a challenge for me.

Let's get into my action plan.

Main Style

I installed some large braids with no extensions. Now, I have been on a no extension journey for over 3years now and I feel like I am appreciative of my hair more. I found that I neglect my hair less when it's not wrapped around extensions because I can see and feel what it needs easily.

I first sectioned off my parts with rubber bands so that the braiding process would go faster. Ey I tell you, it's not easy parting your hair yourself, so if some of the parts don't look straight, meh, I tried😂

Maintenance 

I'm aiming to wash my hair every 2weeks or even earlier, if I feel that my hair needs it. With regards to refreshing, I'm going to push till at least 6-8weeks before I refresh. I'm still toying with the idea of refreshing the braids into large twists but I'll see how I go.

Products

I am currently using a mousse and curl cream as my only styling products at the moment. They seem to be working for me so Ima stick with them 😅 If I decide to add any other products to my routine within the 6months, I'll let y'all know 🤗



I'll be documenting my progress as the challenge goes on. If you wanna join me, I'd be more than happy!

Share your thoughts down below.

Till next time,

Peace! ✌🏾

Jo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mini braids: Installation and maintenance

Results:-.6 Months Protective Style Challenge

Graduation Hair- styling mini braids